I work extensively on performance and reliability of ICT systems. My work focuses on decision problems arising in resource provisioning, optimal design, and QoS/SLA management.
- Resource management
- Service assurance & optimization
- Scheduling, caching & load-balancing
- Orchestration & deployment
- OPEX and TCO reduction
- System configuration auto-tuning
I investigate analytical modelling methods to describe phenomena such as queueing, synchronization, caching, and temporal dependence. Models of these phenomena help in describing, among others, service workflows, software architectures, computer networks, business processes, web service compositions, manufacturing systems, and bike/car sharing systems.
- Queueing theory
- Markov chains
- Petri nets
- Synchronization and workflows
- Time series
- Markov decision processes
- Process mining