Dr Ivana Tomic
Ivana Tomic is currently working as a Research Associate in the AESE group at Imperial College London. She received her PhD in Control Theory from City, University of London in October 2016 where she worked on the implementation of distributed control algorithms in multi-agent networks. Her research interests include security of cyber-physical systems and IoT, distributed aperiodic control communications protocols and their impact on security, and optimal control.
She is currently working on the S4 project (EPSRC Programme Grant).
Prior to this she was a main researcher on the Fog to FIELD project funded by CISCO/Silicon Valley Community Foundation where she looked into security vulnerabilities of aperiodic control protocols that rely on wide-area communications and the PETRAS project IoT in the Park funded by EPSRC where she looked into security of wireless sensor networks and IoT architectures.
- I. Tomić, M. J. Breza, J. A. McCann, “Jamming-Resilient Control and Communication Framework for Cyber Physical Systems”, Accepted, April 2019.
- A. Fu, I. Tomić, J. A. McCann, “Asynchronous Sampling for Decentralized Periodic Event-Triggered Control“, American Control Conference (ACC), Accepted, Jan 2019.
- I. Tomić, P-Y. Chen, M. J. Breza, J. A. McCann, “Antilizer: Run Time Self-Healing Security for Wireless Sensor Networks“, 15th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous 2018), ACM, pp. 107-116, 2018.
- L. Bhatia, I. Tomić, J. A. McCann, “Poster Abstract: LPWA-MAC – a Low Power Wide Area network MAC protocol for cyber-physical system“, The 16th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2018), ACM, pp. 361-362, 2018.
- I. Tomić, L. Bhatia, M. Breza, J. A. McCann, “The Limits of LoRaWAN in Event-Triggered Wireless Networked Control Systems“, Control 2018: The 12th International UKACC Conference on Control, pp. 101-106, 2018.
- I. Tomić, M. Breza, G. Jackson, L. Bhatia, J. A. McCann, “Design and Evaluation of Jamming Resilient Cyber-Physical Systems“, IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom 2018), Accepted, May 2018.
- M. Breza, I. Tomić, and J. McCann, “Failures from the Environment, a Report on the First FAILSAFE workshop“, SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev. 48, 2, pp. 40-45, 2018.
- I. Tomić and J. A. McCann, “A Survey of Potential Security Issues in Existing Wireless Sensor Network Protocols”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1910-1923, 2017.
- Invited talk at University of Leicester, Department of Engineering, “Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks: Opportunities vs. Cyber and other Threats”, November 2018.
- RIPE 75 Meeting, IoT Session, “Trusted Routing in the Internet of Things”, Dubai, October 2017. Video
- Invited Talk “Security of the Internet of Things”, PETRAS IoT Research Hub Workshop – Security and New Threats in Healthcare, Imperial College London, June 2017.
- SEE 6/RIPE NCC Regional Meeting “IoT Turning Evil”, Budva, Montenegro, June 2017. Video Blog
- Invited talk “Distributed control of multi-agent networks and their application to IoT” – Sensors & their Applications XVIII Conference, Institute of Physics, Queen Mary University of London, Sept. 2016.