Dr. Sebastian Uchitel
Department of Computing,
Imperial College London,
Huxley Building Room 572,
180 Queen’s Gate,
London SW7 2RH, UK
Directions to the Department, Map Link
Email: s.uchitel %at% imperial.ac.uk
Group Secretary: Bridget Gundry +44 (0) 20 7594 1245
- My research interests are in the broad area of Software Engineering and more specifically in modelling and analysis as a means to gain confidence in requirements, design and code artefacts. As the name of my research group indicates, I am interested in foundational aspects that can be exploited in tools for supporting automated reasoning, tools for which a body of meta-properties proven mathematically and experimentally exist. Currently, my main research threads are related to partial behaviour models, scenario-based specifications, verification of probabilistic systems, controller synthesis, machine learning for automated diagnosis, automatic abstraction for validation, and adaptive systems.
- Senior Member of the IEEE
- Distinguished Scientist of the ACM
- Member of IFIP Working Group 2.9 Software Requirements Engineering
Current External Activities
- General Chair, International Conference on Software Engineering, 2017, Buenos Aires
- Associate Editor, Elsevier Science of Computer Programming
- Associate Editor, Springer Requirements Engineering Journal
- Advisory Board, Fundación Sadosky
- Steering Committee Member, International Conference on Software Engineering
Recent External Activities
- Board of Directors, YPF
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- Steering Committee Member, Conference on Automated Software Engineering
- Program co-Chair, International Conference on Software Engineering, 2010, Cape Town
- Program co-Chair, International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, 2006, Tokyo
- Houssay Prize, Ministry of Science and Technology, Argentina, 2015
- Konex Foundation Awards, 2013
- Software Engineering Foundation Award, Microsoft Research, 2010
- Argentine National Academy of Exact, Natural and Physical Sciences, 2008
- IBM Faculty Award, 2006
- Philip Leverhulme Prize, Leverhulme Trust, 2005
- Newly Appointed Lecturers Award, Nuffield Foundation, 2004
Recent Selected Keynotes, Plenary and Opening Talks
- 11th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems, 2016, Austin Texas
- 7th International Workshop on Modelling in Software Engineering (MiSE’2015), Co-located with ICSE 2015, Florence, Italy
- 11th International Workshop on Foundations of Coordination Languages and Self Adaptation, Newcastle, 2012
- XIII Ibero-american Software Engineering Conference, Cuenca, 2010
- GRACE International Symposium on Advanced Software Engineering 2010, Tokyo, 2010
- Argentine Symposium on Software Engineering, 2010.
- Brazilian Symposium on Formal Methods, Brazil, 2009.
Recent Selected Program Committee Memberships
- International Conference on Software Engineering: 2005, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2018
- Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering, 2006, 2010, 2014
- Joint Meeting ESEC/FSE of the European Software Engineering Conference and the Foundations of Software Engineering Symposium: 2005, 2007, 2013, 2015
- International Conference on Automated Software Engineering: 2003-2005, 2007
- International Requirements Engineering Conference: 2005, 2007, 2011 (Program Board), 2012 (Program Board), 2013
- European Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering: 2006-2009
- International Formal Methods Conference: 2008
Recent Selected Grants
- Technology Platform in Software Engineering, ANPCYT, 2013-1016, 1.6MUSD. Principal Investigator.
- Partial Behaviour Modelling: A Foundation for Incremental and Iterative Model-Based Software Engineering. IDEAS StG ERC, 2009-2014, 1.4MEUR. Principal Investigator.
- SENSORIA: Software Engineering for Service-Oriented Overlay Computers, FP6 European Research Council, 2005-2008, 0.7 MUSD, Principal Investigator.
Ongoing External Collaborators
- Nir Piterman, Leicester University, UK.
- Victor Braberman, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Nazareno Aguirre, Universidad de Rio Cuarto, Argentina.
- Daniel Ciolek, 2013-
- Rodrigo Castaño, 2013-
- German Sibay, 2008-2013
- Esteban Pavese, 2007-2015
- Hernan Czemerinsky, 2007-2015
- Nicolas D’Ippolito, 2008-2013
- Dario Fischbein, 2008-2013
- Guido de Caso, 2007-2013
- Paulo Henrique Maia, 2006-2011
- Dalal Alrajeh, 2005-2010
- Lucio Mauro Duarte, 2003-2007
- Genaina Rodrigues, 2004-2008
- Daniel Sykes, 2012-2014
- Dalal Alrajeh, 2010-2013
- Dan Hirsch, 2006-2007
- Howard Foster, 2006-2008
- Nicolas D’Ippolito, 2013-2015