- AMACS (International Workshop on Adaptive Methods in Autonomic Computing Systems), 2007
- BPCAS (International Workshop on Business Processes in Collective Adaptive Systems), 2014
- CODASPY (ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy), 2012-2018
- DADS (Dependable and Adaptive Distributed Systems track of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC)), 2013-2016
- DAIS (International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems), 2001, 2008-2010
- EEEWSN (International Workshop on Engineering Energy Efficient WSNs), 2014
- ICDCS (International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems), 2001
- ICISS (International Conference on Information Systems Security), 2010
- ICISSP (International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy), 2015-2016.
- INTENSIVE (International Conference on Intensive Applications and Services), 2009-2010
- MIDDLEWARE (ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference), 2001, 2003-2004, 2007-2008
- MIDSEC (International Workshop on Middleware Security), 2008
- MMM-ACNS (International Conference on Mathematical Methods, Models and Architectures for Computer Networks Security), 2007
- NSS (International Conference on Network and System Security), 2010
- OM (ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Optimization of Middleware and Distributed Systems), 2001
- PERCOM (International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications), 2014-2016
- PERSEC (International Workshop on Pervasive Computing and Communication Security), 2005-2007
- PERVASIVE (International Conference on Pervasive Systems), 2012
- PM4W (Policy Management for the Web), 2005
- POLICY ( International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks), 2001-2012
- PRISMS (International Conference on Privacy & Security in Mobile Systems), 2013-2014
- SATTA (Software Architecture: Theory, Technology, and Applications track of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC)), 2013-2018
- SEM (International Workshop on Software Engineering and Middleware), 2002
- SMPW (Semantic Web and Policy Workshop), 2005-2006
- STM (International Workshop on Security and Trust Management), 2013
- SUTC (International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing), 2008
- TM (International Conference on Trust Management), 2009-2012
- WISEC (International Conference on Wireless Network Security), 2010
- Transactions on Software Engineering. Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. Journal of Performance Evaluation Automated Software Engineering Journal. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. Distributed Computing Journal. Journal of Network and Systems Management. Software Practice and Experience. IEE/BCS Distributed Systems Engineering Journal. Proceedings of the IEEE.
Invited Talks and Panels
- Multi-disciplinary approaches for smart, green and integrated transport, Panel, ICT 2013, Vilnius, November 2013
- Thoughts on Pervasive Systems Security, Invited Talk, PerAda Workshop on Security, Trust and Privacy, Rome, Nov 2010
- Cellphone-based Activity Recognition, Invited Talk, Centre for Geospatial Science, University of Nottingham, Dec 2008.
- Ubiquitous Systems: Past, Present and Future, Keynote Talk, Join2006, Jornadas de In- formtica, April 2006, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal.
- Self-Managed Cells for Ubiquitous Systems, Keynote Talk, MMM-ACNS 2005, 3rd Intl Conf on Mathematical Methods, Models and Architectures for Computer Networks Security, Sept 2005, St Petersburg, Russia.
- Policy Based Management: the Holy Grail, Panel, Policy 2004 Workshop, New York, June 2004.
- Adaptive Context Aware Security: Adapt and Survive, Invited Talk, 2nd UK-UbiNet Workshop on Security, Trust, Privacy and Theory for Ubiquitous Computing, Cambridge, May 2004.
- 2009-2013, M.Sc (B.Sc) and M.Eng (B.Eng) degrees in Computing Science, Computing Science Department, University of Glasgow.
- 2003-2005, M.Sc. in Computer and Internet Technologies, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde.
- Bath, Birmingham, Brunel, Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham, Royal Holloway, Sussex , TU Munich, UCL, York.
- UK Distinguished Dissertations Reviewer.
- Wragge & Co Solicitors, Holman, Fenwick & Willan Solicitors, Bindman & Partners Solicitors,
- St Lukes Hospice, North London Hospice, West Middlesex Hospital
- ELF Geoscience Research Centre, Larkhall Laboratories, Cedel Luxembourg, Rapport Publishing
- Fellow of the British Computer Society.
- Member of the IEEE Computer Society.
- Member of the ACM.