- Editor in Chief IET Software Journal (IET Software).
- Associate Editor ACM Computing Survey
- Editorial Board Member Springer Open Journal of Software Engineering Research and Development
- External Reviewer for Postgraduate Programme of Informatics, University of Edinburgh,
- External Examiner for MSc program, Department of Computing, the Open University,
2011 – 2016
- Internal Reviewer of Research Degree Provision at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London, 2013.
- Member of Appointment Panel for Academic position, University of Bari, Italy, 2010.
- Invited Associate Professor, Artificial Intelligence Group, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan, 2010.
- Invited Associate Professor, Artificial Intelligence Group, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan, 2008.
- Invited Associate Professor, Software Engineering Research Laboratory, University of Bari, Italy, 2008.
- Editorial Board Member International Journal of Agent-Oriented Software Engineering, 2006.
- EPSRC Peer-Review Panel Member, ICT Programme, 2005.
- Co-chair of the BCS Requirements Engineering Specialist Group (RESG).
Organisation and Chairing
- Co-Chair of International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming, ILP 2016 (London UK).
- Co-chair of LPNMR Workshop on “Learning and Non-monotonic Reasoning“, Lexington, KY, USA, September 2015.
- Co-chair of ASE Workshop on “International Workshop on Machine Learning Technologies in Software Engineering”, Lawrence, Kakas, 2011.
- Program Chair, IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks (Policy 2011), Pisa, 2011.
- Financial Chair, IEEE 10th International Workshop on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks (Policy 2009), Imperial College London, 2009.
- Program Chair, (ASE) International Workshop on Intelligent Technologies for Software Engineering – WISE 2004, Austria, 2004.
- Co-Organiser BCS RESG International Event “R-Day”, Thistle City Barbican, London, 2004.
- Organizer of BCS RESG Workshop on “Using Formal Models to Understand Requirements Better”, 6th November 2002, Imperial College, 2002.
- Organizer of BCS RESG Workshop on “Recycling Requirements for Systems and Product Families”, 24th April 2002, Imperial College, 2002.
Other services: Programme Committee Member