She defended her PhD thesis at Distributed System and Network Group, Computing Department, Imperial College London in November, 2011. At Imperial College, she worked with Dr. Julie A. McCann. Her PhD was funded by UKIERI (UK-India Education and Research Initiative) fellowship.
The PhD work was focused on Design of Wireless communication stack for Event-driven applications, especially for low-power embedded systems. It is an interdisciplinary research area involves background knowledge of embedded system design, communication systems, and software engineering.
In brief, her research interests include Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, Software Define Networking, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine to Machine (M2M), Complex and Dynamical Systems, Statictics, Machine Learning, Mobile Smart Agents, Artificial Neural Network, Fuzzy Logic, Information Systems, Pattern Recognition and Digital Signal Processing.
- First Winner of Idea To Innovation competition held at RWTH, Aachen, Germany, 2009
- UK-India Research Initiative Award-2007, UKIERI, 2007
- Imperial Volunteer Award 2007-2008, Imperial Volunteer Centre, 2008
- Member, Outreach and Publicity, ACM-W Europe, 2013
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, IEEE – Computer Society, 2007
- Member, ACM, 2008